This White Paper, produced by the Better Regulation Delivery Office, with the support of the EU4Business FORBIZ project, follows the BRDO’s public consultations on issues of market access restrictions. In March 2017, the BRDO published a Green Paper on market access restrictions, and public consultations were held with key stakeholders. Based on the discussion, the BRDO has identified the need for the following key points on the way to building an integrated permit system:
- detailed analysis of the current regulation of licensing and permit systems in the field of business activity;
- development of a methodology for the use of state regulatory tools;
- review of state regulatory tools within the integrated permit system.
Given the large volume of regulation both in business licensing and permit systems, this study presents:
- a detailed analysis of the current regulation in terms of licensing;
- the methodology of application of state regulation tools;
- evaluation of the expediency of the licensing tool.
The White Paper was compiled based on the legislation of Ukraine as of 1 July 2017.
The Better Regulation Delivery Office, together with the Ministry for Economic Development and Trade and the State Regulatory Service of Ukraine, with the support of the FORBIZ project, has launched the ProDialogue under the EU4Business initiative. It aims to involve all stakeholders in reviewing regulatory solutions and working out ways to address them. As a result, a series of Green Papers has been developed, which analyse the current state of market issues and potential ways to improve the regulatory environment. A further set of White Papers represents a consolidated product of the groundwork by the business community and expert environment in the form of practical recommendations and suggestions for the authorities in order to improve the regulatory framework.